Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I called out to The Lord

I called out to The Lord
help me O Lord
for the world has swallowed me whole
and I cannot see

I yelled out to The Lord
Rescue me O Lord
for my sins have blinded me
I see you not

I screamed out to The Lord
pull me out of this darkness
for the worldliness I'm in has pulled me from you
and I cannot survive

I cried out to The Lord
in all my helplessness
Save me O Lord
let not the sins of the flesh that bind me
take oer my soul and damn me

I whispered to The Lord
eyes swollen with regret and remorse
face wet with prodigal guilt
knees white from kneeling
back sore from the bend

I poured out my heart to The Lord
with all sincerity and good intent
forgive me O Lord, save me O Lord
take me back O Lord
Please Lord, help me

Faster than a match lights up exposed gas
my Lord ran to my rescue
picked me up from my shame
covered me from the worldly things
showered me with love

My soul, heart, mind, strength
love the Lord with constancy and a fierceness
My spirit make way for The Lord cometh within
My Body, be on guard for hindering obstacles
My life, sold totally to God
My existence, for God only. Peace, be still



No comments:

Post a Comment