Monday, February 27, 2012

Wink wink baby

Sometime ago, not so long ago I found love
sometime ago i kept it with a friend i cherished it so
sometime then it lasted two years or more
sometime we threw trust in and changed it all
sometimes my love was’nt what I pictured it at all

Someone came into my life and gave me a reason
Someone put a glow on my face
someone gave me goosebumps just knowing, knowing
someone in my heart i had to keep

Somehow love withstood barriers and trials
somehow love lasted through tough times
somehow tests blew through and my love was withering
somehow love wasn't enough
somehow, something was still missing

Somewhere, a summered winter thought
somewhere my love was going bad, sour
Somewhere everything went wrong
somewhere i was missing something

Someone didn't tell me what was missing
Someone failed to re iterate
someone stirred the wrong way into my love
someone i left behind for it seemed a lost cause
someone wasn't telling me what i was missing

Someway my appetite left with him
someway my reason left with him, walked out
someway my smile ran out the front door
someway my tears ran like rain
someway i kept noticing i was missing something

Somewhat heartbroken i was
somewhat bitter i felt
somewhat assured i felt, i will never feel this hurt
somewhat helpless i felt, somewhat lonely i was
somewhat empty i felt, i was missing something

Hence push came to shove, hence trust started its test
hence blame changed to shame and grip to slip
hence my one true love started slipping away
hence my childishness noticed only my wants
hence my one true love noticed his wants
hence i noticed i was missing something

However, all was lost in my land of love
however much i tried my true love wouldn't return
however much i tried the void was being created
however much i tried, i was missing something

So that was that and love was lost
so i found trust again and love followed
so love was sweet then love was sour
so love and trust was betrayed and i left that hour
so i still was missing something

While minding my own, while going my way
while stumbling on love, i remembered a time
while remembering a time love stayed, love came
while love reigned, happiness prevailed
while i was still wondering what i was missing

Then came a reason, then came a reckoning
then came a voice, telling me to let go
then came my letting go kicking and screaming
then came a voice telling me to be still
then came my reason, what i was missing

What was i missing, what fact was i blind to
what magic spoke in my head
what presence delivered me of an everlasting failing love
what provoked me to be still, what was i missing

A while passed and i was still, i was still
a while more passed and i withstood the storm
a while more and i heard it, stop it said to me
let me fight for you, stop. Let me talk for you, stop

Then i stopped and love showed up, in all its glory
then love swept me off my feet and it was too good
then too good was not to be true, then too good was bad
then i remembered and i stopped, true good went away

I stopped and was still, I was still and knowing
i was still and knowing that he was GOD
i stopped talking and let him talk for me
i stopped fighting and let him fight for me
I stopped writing and let him write for me
i let him and he showed me my ways
i let him show me ways i didn't know existed

I was still and he pointed to his friendship grown sour and told me to reopen
i reopened and stood still, i stopped
i waited for a while and i stopped
i noticed a reply one day and i stood still

Have you decided to stand still lately
have you let him do it for you
have you seen where I'm coming from
have you seen

What i was missing in my life I've found
what held me back I've shoved to the corner
what made me restless when i needed to stop and stand still
what a fount of living water quenched my thirst

wink wink baby 
all dressed up, but without GOD you're all messed up
so stop, and be still and know

No comments:

Post a Comment